Tuesday, 3 January 2012

The Rezillos - Can't Stand My Baby. Sensible Records 7". FAB1.

First release from Scotland's estimable Rezillos. Independently released in '77 then reissued with major label backing a couple of years later. I have no idea which version this is, nor do I care as it sounds super duper nevertheless. There is a picture sleeve, but I don't have it. I also think this Wings bag looks better on it. Macca would be so proud. Kisses on the bottom. Dick. A-side is a different version of Can't Stand My Baby from that on Can't Stand The Rezillos. AA-side is a Beatles cover, which must have gone down really well with the No Elvis, No Beatles, No Rolling Stones miseries. Enjoy.

The Rezillos - Can't Stand My Baby. Sensible Records 7". FAB1.

3 comments:

  1. In case you do start caring that's the '79 re-issue. Should have the red PS, originals have a green PS and different labels. Better than the album version in my opinion as were the single versions 'Good Sculptures' and 'Top Of The Pops'. Who needs to go to New York to record an album anyway?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. Thought it probably was. I think my TOTP 7" is still 'out there' somewhere in the house. Will have to dig it out and have a listen.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for posting this I really love the A side and the flip is neat too.


    Nathan.G

    ReplyDelete