The Untamed Youth - Doin Me In. Teen-Rage Records 7".
Thursday, 31 March 2011
Tuesday, 29 March 2011
Various Artists - Get A Board! 16 Surf and Hot Rod Ho-Downs! Satan Records LP. Satan 1007.
Thursday, 24 March 2011
No image, so here's a 'video' of UJ3RK5 doing the original version of 'Eisenhower and The Hippies' which Man Or Astro-Man cover almost note for note. Oh Canaduh is an LP of 90s surf, punk and garage rock bands covering Canadian New Wave Hits of the late 70s and early 80s. What makes it better than so many 'cover' LPs is that rather than just looking at one act - Link Wray or Sam The Sham, for example - where the choice can get a bit thin, there is an opening up and the opportunity to cover one band's best song. And there are a lot of best songs on this brilliant record. I'd love to hear all the originals.
Track-listing (original artists listed at the end):
1. Teengenerate: Top Down (Teenage Head)
2. Bum: Screaming Fist (Viletones)
3. Lord High Fixers: Fuck You (Subhumans)
4. The Tonics: I Hate Music (K-Tels)
5. Young Fresh Fellows: Disco Sucks (D.O.A.)
6. The Smugglers: What Do You Want Me To Do (Pointed Sticks)
7. Al Perry: Fun While It Lasts (Active Dog)
8. Fastbacks: Won't Have To Worry (Modernettes)
9. Supersnazz: I Don't Love You (Dishrags)
10. Evaporators: I Can't Puke (The Dry Heaves)
11. Man Or Astroman?: Eisenhower & The Hippies (U-J3RK5)
12. The Onyas: I Don't Give A Shit (The Biz)
13. The Cryin' Out Louds: Now I Ain't Got No Face (No Fun)
14. The Stupes: American Bandstand (Infamous Scientists)
15. Nardwuar The Human Serviette - Secret Track (?)
Various Artists - Oh Canaduh. Lance Rock LP. LRR-19.
Tuesday, 22 March 2011
The Powers That Be - Crude Morning Mother. Amphetamine Reptile Records Scale 48.
Monday, 21 March 2011
The Sinister Six - Deloused. Bag of Hammers 7" BOH04.
Sunday, 20 March 2011
While I was trying to find out more about this release I found this tremendous blog cataloguing all the vinyl output of Man Or Astro-Man? More importantly, I found out that current Man Or Astro-Man? operative Victor Vector fell ill with pneumonia and was hospitalised, very seriously ill, at the end of the band's last tour. Like most musicians working at grass roots level, Victor does not have health insurance so an appeal has been set up to raise funds for him. I would ask that if you have been enjoying this blog, the Man Or Astro-Man? stuff in particular (and there is plenty more to come), you go to the band's Facebook page and follow the link to donate towards his medical fees via Paypal.
Man Or Astro-Man? - Creatue Feature Flexi-disc. Kronophonic Records SEXI FLEXI 002.
Friday, 18 March 2011
That Petrol Emotion - Keen. The Pink Label 7" Pinky 004.
Saturday, 5 March 2011
Russ Kunkel. (Not a made-up name, honest). Enjoy.
Stumpy Joe - Sugar and Glue. Top Drawer Records 7" TDR V2.
Friday, 4 March 2011
Blacktop - We Desist 2 x 7". In The Red Records ITR 051.