Thursday, 15 December 2011

Impala - Power Of Bob Records EP. POB 01.

File under I Wish I'd Seen 'Em. Impala were/are a Memphis, Tennessee, instrumental band. This 7" on Power of Bob was, based on the label number, their first release. Received wisdom is that their first release was a split-cassette with The Oblivians, but that has a later label number. As far as I am aware, The Oblivians set was later issued by Goner as a limited edition LP. If, and I know this is a long shot, anybody has and would care to share the cassette... Kisses all round. Anyhow, here are Impala. They're not a surf band. Enjoy.

Impala - Power Of Bob Records EP. POB 01.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks. This band made a few very good records for Estrus. A couple of 7"s that I have. Sadly, I never saw the cassette. Did any of the band members go on to new projects?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers, Eric. As well as the Estrus singles, there was a 10" EP which may feature some time soon and a CD on, iirc, Icehouse, which won't. As it's a CD so somebody else somewhere will have taken the easy route.

    They're still playing, apparently. I'm anticipating some input from Brandoninio with regards to other projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have been looking for that cassette tape.I ask the drummer Jeff if he had a extra copy to sell me,but he as of yet hasn't got back with me.Ted from Satan's Pilgrims has been doing some jamming with some of the members of Impala.Not sure if it'll turn into a new recording project though.Scott Bomar has been playing with Al Green/The Bo-Keys and is a Emmy award winning producer "Black Snake Moan" "Hustle and Flow" etc.Nothing I'm really interested in.Not really sure about what the rest of guys are to these days.Bottom line Impala were in a class of their own and they need to get back together damn it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete