Friday, 4 November 2011

The X-Rays - Booze and Speed EP. ...lowlife 7". MONTY2.

Sometimes you just cannot see what's under your nose. Despite having owned this release since it came out I know virtually nothing about The X-Rays. A proper, go-to, worth-a-listen garage band from Nottingham, England. One of my favourite UK cities and I never saw them live. The bands they most resemble are The Mono Men and The Sinister Six. The latter making even more sense given the information that they released a couple of LPs on Empty Records. I just checked Grunnen and they released a stash of singles during my garage punk blackout period. I should, I suppose, go out and get 'em. Enjoy.

The X-Rays - Booze and Speed EP. ...lowlife 7". MONTY2.

3 comments:

  1. Love the X-Rays. Saw 'em supporting the New Bomb Turks and Gas Huffer at the Duchess in Leeds, they tore the place up. Good albums too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, AIW....
    thanx for this one
    don't know if you got this one, but i've found this another release from the X-Rays
    check it here :
    http://2.dougkubert.com/blog/?p=963
    cheers....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mr Noon, good to see you up and about. I'll have a listen to that.

    ReplyDelete