Thursday, 15 September 2011

The Trashwomen - The Trashwomen vs. Deep Space Pin-Up Records LP.

 The Trashwomen are two bands. On one hand, the shrieky, screechy annoying harridans of doom vocal band and on the other one of the best surf instrumental bands to grace my turntable. Both have their merits, but their own schizophrenic battle of the bands would be won by the vocal-less trio. One day I will separate out their tracks into words and no words. Just so that I can enjoy the full effect of both. In the meantime, enjoy.

6 comments:

  1. Hey that's fun just thinking this morning to post their 'three birds" estrus promo ep...
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI: The download was infected with a bug virus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've uploaded a fresh version of it. Could you test it again and let me know how you get on?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just tested it and the fresh version is clean. Thanks very much!!
    I know what you mean by them being like two separate bands. Riot Grrrl Punk & Surf Instrumentals. Decent that they explored both sides, but I've also made separate play lists as well & introduced them to a friend who's had passed on to me albums by The Space Cossacks,The Bambi Molsters & Man Or Astro-man. So,I know he'll enjoy these fems.
    You might be aware already, but the guitarist's daughter on the 'boys are toys' song is now a rapper/video director (She wants her Mom to play music again). Here's a mash-up that introduced me to both them. Might not be to your taste, but I'll share for trivia all the same. The Trashwomen come in at 2:00 & then The Go-Go's who flirted with surf music.
    http://youtu.be/rm-SlFSdUMY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know. I was aware that Elka Zolot's daughter was Kreayshawn, and there's been some traffic to Trashwomen posts on the back of that, but I must confess I've not bothered with her music. I'm too busy mining backwards these days.

      Delete
  5. pretty vital album I was aware of 'Spend the Night', but not this one great post, thanks... ditto comments re Surf tracks as well..............

    ReplyDelete