Saturday, 25 December 2010

Larry Winther and his Mummies recorded live at the Pony Express Pizza Parlour. Planet Pimp Records PPR-002. 1992.

Planet Pimp, and its genius CEO Sven Erik Geddes, managed to out-do even the casual, don't care, ennui of The Mummies by unleashing this classic piece of exploitation. Releasing a record by the Kings of Budget Rock? Take it down a step by releasing poorly-recorded live tracks in a glued-together DIY sleeve.

Larry Winther and his Mummies recorded live at the Pony Express Pizza Parlour. Planet Pimp Records PPR-002. 1992.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks a ton. This has been the hardest one to track down for me, years after my 7" was stolen by a tweaked out cunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed one of my all time faves. Next to the Planet of The Apes 7".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey. I just discovered this amazing place, and I'm trying to be sparing with my post requests. This is my first, and I would be super grateful if you could repost it.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is down. I'd love to get a listen. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete