Friday, 17 September 2010

Heaven Seventeen - Something's Wrong. Bubastis Records flexi-disc.

No, not that Heaven Seventeen. This one precedes the Human League spin-off, but was, interestingly, also from Yorkshire. Bradford, as opposed to Heaven Seventeen's Sheffield. Adding more White Rosery Hosiery into the mix, I got this from Red Rhino Records in York. It apparently came with issue twelve of Wool City Rocker fanzine, a magazine I don't remember buying, but could well have done so given that I was interested in a lot of bands from that area at the time. I believe I also bought I'm So Hollow's 'Dreams That Fill The Vacuum' single that day having heard it on Peel.

As far as I know nothing else was ever heard from this version of Heaven Seventeen. They got into a spat with the Virgin-backed Heaven 17 and that was that. Gone. This one-track flexi is a real treat and very, very Buzzcocks-influenced, but with that pharp pharp cheap keyboard sound so prevalent in the day.

Heaven Seventeen - Something's Wrong. Bubastis Records flexi-disc.

3 comments:

  1. Would you consider re-uploading this? I'd love to hear this; always wondered what the "other" Heaven Seventeen sounded like. Would really appreciate it if you could...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done. Try the link again. Anybody else, if any link is 'broken', let me know and I'll fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an absolute star – thank you.

    ReplyDelete